Monday 23 June 2014

June IHSW - bookmark finish, bookmark start

Last weekend was June's International Hermit & Stitching Weekend, and sadly, I couldn't make it to the hangout with my girls again because Felix and I were with his parents. However, being on the road and away for the weekend once again gave me a chance to work on my GoT bookmarks, because those are my officual away-from-home project. I got this little bag which is exactly the right size more my little floss box and some fabric on my smaller q snap, kind of inspired by Carla's Little Travel Case.


So as you can see, I worked on Arryn this time - when getting my stuff together, I realized I never showed you that I almost finished Tully the last time I was working on the bookmarks, but I did, it was only missing a few stitches of blue and then some twenty stitches of red. Unfortunatly, I was all out of the red, but then Angel of Frost came along and had just the red I needed, so I borrowed a bit and everything is fine now. So I finished Tully, started Arynn, and got quite a bit done both on the car ride and on movie night on saturday evening. I love this shade of blue, there's an aweful lot of it to stitch; but I still love it.


Movie night, by the way, was first The Hunger Games (I had read the books and loved them, but it was a first on the movie for me. Quite well done too, you don't get to see book-to-movie-translations that good often) and The Lone Ranger afterwards, which I really, really loved, and I really can't understand why the movie flopped. Apart from that, there was a lot of family and music stuff going on (Felix was home for a concert of the band he and his family are part of) and some mobile gaming on my PS Vita, but now I'm rather glad to be home again, so I can get to relax a little and prepare for other events that are coming up.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot you got a finish too! ^_^ Love it and I agree that shade of blue is really nice.

katjakay said...

Yay, we all finished something this week, which is awesome, and a little strange. Hunger Games was adapted well. I saw Divergent recently and am now reading the books, it's was fairly well done too. Not like the Percy Jackson ones.where I don't think anyone actually involved had even attempted to read them.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Rats!! I really want to stitch this but need to work on Celtic Goddess! *cries*

Leonore Winterer said...

Yay, we're awesome, aren't we? :D

Leonore Winterer said...

A friend is lending me the first Divergent books, maybe I'll watch the movie after reading that :) I kinda enjoyed the first Percy Jackson movie (was there even a second one? Can't remember), but than I hav never read the books, although I always wanted to...

Leonore Winterer said...

Well you should give us plenty of updates on the Goddess, so we can tell you how awesome she looks and keep you all up and motivated! :)