Tuesday 17 February 2015

February Gifted Gorgeousness

Still catching up on blogging, here's my GG update for this month. For those who don't know it, Giftet Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching and is a SAL featuring all those projects that were either (partly) gifted to us or are meant to be gifts when finished, and thankfully most of my WIPs fall into this category :)

Last weekend, I had two new starts that match the SAL description, one knitting and one stitchingwise. The knitting one is a baby suprise jacket: it's a kind of famous pattern that had been along since the 60s, and I've wanted to make one for some time, just waiting for a opportunity. Now one of my new colleagues announced that his wife is pregnant and they'll become parents in June, so I finally got to order the pattern and started planing. But then I was told that another colleague is becoming a first-time dad even sooner, in March, and I can't make a jacket for one and not the other, so I hastly got my yarn (Lana Grossa 8-ply sock yarn, which is maschine washable and even tumble dryable) together and startet knitting away - this is a little less than one third of the way after spending a four hour card ride on it. I'm aiming for a bit above new born size so they'll be able to use it longer than just a few weeks. I think the baby is going to be a boy, but I don't really believe in gender stereotypical colors ;)


The stitching progress was Smart Gosh, another one of the guinea pigs two of which I made for my grandma's birthday last year - the date is approaching again, and this year I intend to finish the set for her. I only spent a few hours on this so far and already got two colors down; those are really enjoyable and quick to stitch.


I also worked on Lady and the Tramp (Birthday present from my grand parents last year) and Gut Thru' Cottage (present for my boyfriend's sister) this month, both of which were already posted in an earlier update, so only quick reminder pictures now:



Probably not relavant for this SAL (I got the pattern from my friend Carla, but it wasn't a gift per se but a price for winning a contest) is Dark Force, but I will post it nevertheless because yay, page finish! One page down, only 29 more to go ^.~



So much for my crafting progress - considered how I hardly got a good evening to sit down and work on stuff last week, I'm quite content with myself :)

As for watching, more Supernatural happend, we finished S2 (E19-22) and started S3 (E1). Also, a bit more of The Big Bang Theory (S3, E4-21) and I started rewatching Digimon as it appearded on amazon prime - sweet childhood memories (S1, E 1+ 2). I also got to watch two more episodes of Haven (S4, 3+4), and we saw another German movie targeted mostly at kids - Die Vampirschwestern/Vampire Sistery, which is about two half vampire girls that move from Transilvania to Germany. While one sister is really happy about being able to live out her human side, the other one isn't quite so happy about having to hide her vampire side. Serious vampire fans might get furious at stuff like that, but I think it's a fun approuch to the subject :D


15 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely new starts and wonderful progress Leonore.

Linda

Caitlin D said...

Great stitching and knitting!! Congrats on the page finish as well.
As always yay for The Big Bang Theory! I love that show. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm digging those colors for the baby jacket. Great progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the baby colours, I loathe the whole gender stereotyping with colours. It really is quite horrendous in the UK right now.
Great progress on your pieces, and prize winnings totally count, they are gifts too.

rosey175 said...

Hooray for your page finish! :D

I don't really agree with the color stereotypes either. Blue is the best color (cough) so all babies get blue haha.

Susan said...

Great progress on everything. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby project finished. I had DSon when ultrasounds were still for high-risk pregnancies only, so we didn't know what we were having. He received lots of non-boy colored knitted and crocheted gifts - my fav was a mint green granny square afghan.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

OOOO and AHHHH, I love the yarn for the baby knitting!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! We watch an episode of TBBT every morning before work now, way to start the da with a smile!

Leonore Winterer said...

Me too, thank you!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks for hosting it! I'm glad people like the colors, hopefully the parents will as well. Good to know that DF counts as well, I hope to show a bit of progress on this one each month ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Yey, hooray! Blue is a great color for everyone, I agree...though personally, I like yellows/oranges most. I'd probably be a bit reluctant to put pink on a boy though...

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) Mint green sounds lovely, I just tried to avoid very light colors for cleanability reasons ;)

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you do! I fell in love with it instantly, but was afraid it might come off a bit to bold...

Suz said...

For someone who hasn't had much time, what a crazy amount of progress! And I love the colors in the baby knitting (I also ignore the supposed gendered-color-palette).