Saturday 27 June 2015

June SFS

Month: June
Spent: 44.94€
Earned: 15.50€

One last post to catch up - let's just get this out of the way! But before I get into details, let me start by saying - this is going to be my last SFS post for the time being. I survived 2014 and 2015-A, but am not signing back on for 2015-B. I love SFS, I loved the challenge and I think it was really good for me to reign my spending in in this first exciting phase of really 'getting' into the online stitching community and discovering all those great and epic designs and fabrics and everything. But I'm a little TOO good at sticking to the rules - never going over budget, missing out on awesome offers and limited edition stuff, planning projects months in advance so I can get the supplies in small bits...I just want to be a bit spontenous, and my character won't allow for that while those slef-imposed rules are in place. So I'm leaving for now. And while I'm convinced that I will go on a bit of a spending spree for the first time, I'm also sure that in the long run the lessons learned will stick with me and I'll do okay :)

So, enough blahblah, on to the part with pretty pictures! What did I get? First, I treated myself to a Design Works kit I had been looking at for months. It's called 'My day off' and I want to finish it before October, as a birthday present for Felix' mum who works several part time jobs and always struggles to keep her one free day actually free since people always want her to do stuff for her on that day. It just fits perfectly - right down to the black cat! (not her cloth size though :D). That was 25.99€.


Then I went on a bit of an ebay-spree. I got an other design works kit which has been on my watch list for weeks for $14.99, and a Lizzie*Kate pattern  for only 1€. Both haven't arrived yet, so I can only show you the pictures from the auction.


I also got three patterns from Indigo Rose, for 1€ each. I had never heard of the designer before, but the preview pictures (while to small to make out details) looked pretty. The patterns arrived today and they are absolutely gorgeous! Now my problem is that two of them are from a Seasonal Series (I got Spring and Autumn) and now I just NEED to find Summer and Winter as well...they are long out of print, but maybe I'll get lucky some day :)


As for earnings, I finished a full (7.50€) and partial (4€) page on Cut Thru' Cottage, and also Clue 3 of Halloween Town (4€). I have a final 'Carry Over' of 44.94€.

I also got some new yarn to show: three balls of a nice, light cotton off ebay, I just fell in love with the color combination and I'll probably make a light summer shawl with them. And then Daniela (the one that also does the corchet blog parade) release her first crochet box with everything you need to make four garlands, which will look great in our apartment I'm sure.



15 comments:

katjakay said...

You have some great patterns there, I'll keep my eyes open for Summer and Winter for you

Kate said...

Yes, I understand your feelings on SFS. It's a great idea and the people are very sweet but it wasn't for me. I learned how to reign in my spending but also missed several opportunities because I stuck to the rules. You got some great new charts! I love the Lizzie Kate. Enjoy stitching them :-)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

So many beautiful things! Now you and I will have to support our girls who are still participating in SFS and cheer them on. Now that you have told us about the Indigo Rose patterns, like Nancy said we will all keep our eyes open for those! An incomplete set will not do!

More yummy yarn! The yarn in the Daniela box look like something I can get at Knit Picks as does the pretty coffee yarns...now I have to go look again!

I know how Felix's mom feels...any time I have off I have my own plans and next thing I know I'm getting a call or being asked to drive people around (usually my daughter and her friends) and do everything except what I had planned! I hope she sticks to her guns and just take her one day off!

Susan said...

Great pieces. I have several Indigo Rose patterns in my stash but not the two you're looking for. Very nice progress on your start. I totally understand your thought process on SFS. I am the same way with rules, even if they are, as you said, self-imposed.

Justine said...

Lovely new stash! I love the one you're stitching for Felix's mum, it's a gorgeous design.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like the Asian-conspired pattern the most. (^_^). Rules were meant to be broken! Be wild and run free, I have to say. As long as it doesn't include any sort of murder...no harm done. You have a collection to keep you busy anyhow.

sharah said...

Yep, I'm bowing out of SFS-B as well. Have fun with the rest of your year! It looks like you have some great patterns to get going on.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! I found a shop that has winter, just need to find out how to order there...

Leonore Winterer said...

Exactly! Glad you understand :) I'm sure I will enjoy the stitching, as soon as a finish a few things first...hopefully ;)

Leonore Winterer said...

We will, and we will also support each other so we don't go over board again ;) And yes ma'm! Can't have that set inclomplete!

The yarn in the box is Catania, a pretty basic cotton yarn, I'm sure you'll get something similiar easyly enough, I just like the boxes for the patterns and putting everythign neatly together :)

We're trying to coach her to stand up for yourself...and so should you! You need to stitch, you are not a taxi service!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's great, I had never even heard of Indigo Rose before. I hope to see you stitching on yours some time soon! I'm glad you understand.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! It's really fun to work on so far ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Haha, for some reason I'm not suprised :D I'm really bad at breaking rules, but I can abolish them, in this case! Wee!

Leonore Winterer said...

Yeah, I might need a few supplies here and there, but I hope to get through the year without too much spending still. I'm glad I'm not alone with leaving the group, I was afraid I'd be some kind of traitor...

Unknown said...

Never heard of Indigo Rose before but they look really pretty ^_^ I'll keep an eye out for you. :)