Tuesday 11 August 2015

Catching up - July WIPocalypse 2, August TUSAL

I've returned from the away part of my vacation yesterday - I had a good time, both at Felix' parents and at Gamescom, although especially the latter one was really stressful and exhausting - and now I'm almost caught up with reading what everyone's been up to, so it's now time to add my own little pile of pictures and other stuff. I have at least two SALs to catch up on that I can think of right now, and I'll check what else I missed later.

So, the first one was July 2 WIPocalypse - thanks to the blue moon we had two WIPocalypses in July. The topic of the second one was What makes you pick up a long-abandoned UFO rather than beginning a new piece? I think it's a mix for me really. Sometimes it's just guilt that tells me to at least put a few stitches in that old design before starting another one, sometimes it's someone asking me what happend to that one WIP from way back, but mostly it's just me falling in love again - maybe by seeing pictures from other stitchers, maybe by seeing other designs from that same designer, or maybe just getting some awesome idea what to do with or how to finish the design once it's done.

The other sign in I'm probably late for again is TUSAL - here I have to containers to show, one is my usual jar, the other is a little plastic baggie I took with me on my vacation:


Now to my actual progress...before I went away, I finished the next section of My Day Off. I filled in the sandy part and stitched the outlines of the shadow-area (or as much of it as I could reach without moving the hoop). Next up is filling in the shadow and doing the little light parts under the bathtub before I actually move the snap.


At Felix' parents, I worked a bit more on Lady: I tried to finish the next column, but I didn't actually make it. I still made a nice bit of progress, especially on tramp himself and the ground below the two.


For the car rides and the time at the camping trip, I chose to bring a project that is a bit more mobile: Halloween Town by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I finally received the black thread I had run out off, so I set out to finish the final clue..aaaaaand I made it! Now I just have to find out the best way to clean and press the finished piece and finish-finish it, probably into a door-hanging or something.


So much for my stitching progress. I'll try to make lots of progress on My day Off, but I also have lots of interesting new projects lined up, most of them rather small, so I hope there will be a lot of pretty pictures to show you soon.

While away, I also did a fair bit of gaming and reading: I finished to more Lego games on my Vita - Marvel Heroes (not the best one I have played yet) and Jurassic World (maybe the best one I have played yet), and I read Gone Girl. I had heard many good things about that book, so I wanted to read it for a while, and then I finally picked it up and it was good for about half of it, then it became amazing. There were so twists and suprises, I could hardly put it down, and the end was not at all what I expected as well.

Now I need to really wreck my brain for what we watched...I knew we saw Ant Man in the theater, which was much better than I expected, and when we were at Felix' parents we saw Mocking Jay Part 1, which was as good as we epected. We also watched more of How I Met your Mother (Finished S7 and then S8, E1-5) and Case Closed (E33-43), and a bit of Once Upon a Time (S1, E-8-10). And now enough wrecking, more stitching!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Cute finish :) and progress :)

D1-D2 said...

It's funny how much guilt plays a part in stitchers' lives.

katjakay said...

Halloween town is adorable. I missed Antman not sure how as it was here for several weeks, but I'll see it at some point.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish and progress! That sounds like a lot of fun on your vacation.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Hallowe'en Town.
Glad you enjoyed your break too.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Halloween Town is ADORABLE! Holy cow on the progress you have made on Lady and the Tramp...so impressive!

Kate said...

your projects are all very beautiful!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks you!

Leonore Winterer said...

You're right...us stitchers truely are a special kind, aren't we?

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! So Antman isn't in your theaters anymore? You really should try to catch it if you still get a chance!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I did have a lot of fun, but it also took me some time to recover from it :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I did enjoy it, but on the other hand being at home again is nice too ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks, I really wanted to finish this before our SAL! Lady always feels like so litte progress, even though I now it's xxx stitches it's just nothing compared to how much there is still left to go!

Renee said...

Wow! I just adore all three of these charts. Beautiful work!