Sunday 6 September 2015

Summer postcard blog hop & more

Update time again - after another lazy weekend and not-to-busy week, I feel almost back to normal again. The summer seems to be officially over, it's getting colder outside, although the sun can still be quite warm and bright when she decides to come out after all.

My post today shall be started by my entry from the Summer Postcard blog hop that Jo was hosting this summer. The subject was pets, and here is the entry from Bea:


I'm a cat person, totally. I have two at the moment, a white domestic short
hair named Snowy and a black Scottish-fold named Yoda. I grew up with cats as
the family pets. My dad, who was a terrible tease, used to say to me when I
was being bratty "Remember your place in this family young lady - we had cats
before we had you". I can't imagine my life without them, in spite of the fact
that they regularly drive me crazy.

Now after that little cutie hopefully got your attention, let's move on to my own progress: I got a big chunk of Day Off done this week, finishing all the ground in the lower right corner. The shadow of the flower pot I so neatly outlined had a little overlap with the flowerpot itself as you can see, so me goal for this week is to fill in said pot and hopefully also the sea to the right of the bathtub, so I can move my qsnap upwards after that.


I also worked on the second block for the Halloween SAL. After securing the center I moved up to the upper left corner, so I can do my usually working-down-and-right' after this week. I also did the part of the border that surounds this block, so I won't have to do all of it in the end.


Last but not least, I have a knitting finish: After working on it on and off for a really long time, I finally cast off Hitchhiker yesterday. It has the exact 42 spikes that the original pattern calls for, so it is not too big, but will still keep your neck nice and warm. I will eave in the loose ends after washing and blocking, and that will happen once I have finished the hat as well, which I intend to cast on this weekend.


As for out watching, Felix and I worked our way through Season 9 of Bones (E6-23). Only one left to go, which we will hopefully watch today :) We also saw the second episode of Fear the Walking Dead, and a bit more of Case Closed/Detective Conan (E55-65).

15 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great post! Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop this year.
Your Hallowe'en House is so cute too.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

FINALLY! Hitchhiker is finished...but it's GORGEOUS! Your H is fabulous and I'm now glad that I too stitched the square lines in the middle which you did as well. The border is the only thing I have not touched :D Day off is wonderful, and seriously you WILL be done in time...you always ARE done in time!

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finish on Hitchhiker and I love the fabric you're using for Halloween, great start!

Heather said...

Lovely job on your projects congrats on finishing hitchhiker!

katjakay said...

So much wonderful stuff, hitchhiker is beautiful,

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty shawl finish Leonore. Love the piece your stitching.

Linda

Susan said...

Wonderful stitching. Very nice finish. I keep telling myself I need to pull out my knitting but never seem to convince myself too well.

Kaisievic said...

Hitchhiker looks gorgeous and I love your halloween piece, too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! Thanks for hosting the Blog Hop, it was lots of fun to follow :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Yes, it did take long enough didn't it?
I hope I will be on time, it's not much longer but then I just realized I actually have a few more weeks than I thought, so I better get these needles cracking!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I love the fabric more each day I stitch on it :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks Linda :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks Susan :) Maybe you'll feel more like knitting in the fall and winter, I don't enjoy the feel of the wool and yarn when it's hot outside...

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you ^_^