Wednesday 11 November 2015

November TUSAL

Things continue to get more quiet, which I like, and I continue to become more lazy, which I don't like so much - but maybe I just really need the rest. The weather (we had a few sunny days last week, but as a whole it's just getting darker and colder) and some health issues (that will hopefully be resolved soon) are doing their part as well...but the bright side is, this lazyness is keeping me at home as much as possible, which makes for nice stitching progress.

I think it's also time for November TUSAL, so let me start by sharing my ORT jar for the month:


For stitching, I was mostly focusing on My Day Off, and I stitched all of the blue sky...a tad boring, but also very relaxing. Now I'm done with the cross stitch and focusing on the back stitch this week.


I also knitted a bit...I'm almost through the first ball of yarn on the baby jacket, but I need to hurry up now since the baby has been born last week :)


I also did some origame this weekend...a coworker of ours is getting his PhD this friday, and I made some cranes for the games and decoration...they are quite tiny, each about an inch long, and here they are all chilling on my laptop:


So much for my creative progress...now for watching, there was a lot more of Supernatural (S8, E2-16), and what we missed in dramatic feeling that last few episodes is one hundred percent back now :) We also watched S2 E5 of Elementary and some Case Closed/Detectiv Conan (E125-139) and a movie Felix was very eager to see: Wiplash. It's about a jazz drummer and has some really impressive musical parts and since Felix is a drummer himself he loved it, but it really was quite nice :)

And for reading, there was Volume 9 of Case Closed, and I read Stardust. It was my first Neil Gaiman and after my girls all love his books, it was about time - I understand them now! I loved the movie, saw it before I even knew there was a book, and this is one of the rare cases were both are great - they changed, added and removed a few parts in the movie, but both versions are great. I'm sure I'll read something by him again soon :)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely stitching :) I loved the Stardust movie but didn't know there was a book. I will have to go read it!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your ORT jar was far superior to mine this time around!

Susan said...

Congratulations on the stitching finish. Cheering you on with the backstitching. It always amazes me how much progress you make on so many different kinds of projects in such a short time.

Stitching Noni said...

Oh you have been busy! Your little cranes are lovely - what a sweet gift for the graduate :o)
I don't think I have seen Stardust - but after doing a quick look on the internet I am going to now try and find it and watch it!
Hugs xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! Yes, please read it, it a bit different but both are so great!

Leonore Winterer said...

Well with all the deadlines projects I don't have much of a choice but to keep stitching :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks, backstitching went pretty quickly actually :) I guess I've been quite good with sticking to projects and making progress this year, but for my own sake I should probably slow down a bit and do less deadlined stuff...

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! I hope you like Stardust...It didn't get much attention with all the big movies coming out at the same time (I think Lord of the Rings was the main culprit) but it's one of my favourites.